Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Belgian Beer Cafes, Sydney, Australia


My sister and I had a friend visit us in Australia, we had a few ideas of where to take our friend for dinner. Talking to my mate George he recommended that we all go for dinner at Belgian Beer Cafe.






Main Meal

Pork Knuckle with Sauerkrau : Mains $28.50 - $33.00

The pork knuckle was huge, was not sure if I could finish it,  massive serving for a main meal. Sauerkraut was very delicious, the meat was soft and juicy.  I love pork crackling on top and there was a lot of it.  I thought there was a bit too much fat on the pork knuckle, but I love the fat on this type of meat, so was not going to complain about this.


I thoroughly enjoyed this meal, if you love meat and especially pork.  Great value for money, highly recommended.

Beef Goulash with Dark Beer Sauce:
 I have to say this is not one of the Belgians best dishes.  They have an awesome Pork Knuckle, and Chilli Mussels, but the Goulash, leave it off the menu.

The Sauce was ok, it was a little too thick and tasted like it had been prepared a week ago and left to thaw out before they heated it up.  The beef has hard and chewy, and tasted like they had reheated it and the beef was left hard, solid, and chewy.

The potato's tasted nice, they were flowery and soft, those i didn't mind, however it's not that hard to cook potatoes i would have thought.   

This place is great for friends.


How would we rate these meals:

Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut - 5 stars out of 6
Beef Goulash with Dark Beer Sauce - 2 stars out of 6

Map:

View Larger Map
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to visit Sydney Food Safari Blog for the best food suggestions Sydney has to offer in Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, and Wine bars.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely images, I really appreciate your professional approach, these are pieces of very useful information about food restaurants sydney that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete