Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Indian Palace


Another Foods Safari adventure and this time my partner and I did a bit of research to find some nice Indian restaurants near where we live and discovered one in Balmain called Indian Palace.  I am a huge fan of butter chicken so was very keen to give this place a go.









The Food:

Entree

Tandoori Platter (per person) $14.90



A sizzling selection of Barrah Kabab, Chicken Tikka, Tilli Prawn and Onion Bhaji.  A nice little appetiser to share between two people.  The meat is very soft and tender, nicely cooked with lots of spices and flavours on the outside of the meat.  The dish comes with some sort of mint sauce to dip the chicken in - very tasty.  The prawns are ok and I did like the onion bhaji.


Main

Butter Chicken ($22.90) with Rice and Garlic Naan Bread




Succulent, tandoori chicken fillets, simmered in a fresh creamy mild sauce with a touch of cashew nut paste.  This is by far one of the better butter chickens I have had in Sydney so far.  It was very tasty, the chicken was very tender and the accompanying sauce was delicious.  You must have naan bread with this dish, great for dipping the bread into the sauce - yum.

So my partner and I ended up sharing the tandoori platter and the butter chicken.  That was plenty of food (I was full) so if you are not a big eater and are on a budget go for the sharing option its more enjoyable.

This place is great for couples - friends and family.  I would definitely go back there again for another visit to try some other dishes on their menu.



How would I rate the food overall - 4.5 stars out of 6


Succulent, tandoori Succulent, tandoori chicken fillets, simmered in a fresh creamy mild sauce and a touch of cashew nut paste. fillets, simmered in a fresh creamy mild sauce and a touch of cashew nut paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment